Saturday 30 May 2015

The Blog Writer's Existential Problem

What is the purpose of writing, if no one else is to read what is written?

Perhaps writing is therapeutic. But why write it in a blog?

Perhaps the writer hopes that someone else would read it. But why the half-measure? Why not market the blog?

Perhaps marketing the blog is self-defeating - it takes away the therapeutic effect of writing. Marketing blogs is an activity that is stressful... and mundane.

Then why write it in a blog?


1 comment:

  1. I've had the same thought.
    Except I don't think marketing it is mundane and stressful, but it essentially turns it into a product. I struggled because I wasn't sure if I did start marketing it, the content would change forms to achieve a different goal.
    Nonetheless, keep writing, it will be what it's meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete